Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pharmacy Technician Birthday Surprise!


Job Interview!

I have to interrupt the 5th Annual NCPPS reporting to report some good news! Today is my birthday and what do I wake up to? And email from a staffing agency, the wonderful Aerotek Scientific (which helped my cousin get his first temp job), and they contacted me saying they're looking to fill some pharmacy technician positions!

The surprise is that I never submitted my information to them. They got my info from the Pre-Pharmacy Association that I helped to found.

It caught me off guard and I was nervous, so I drank some water and ate some breakfast before I made the call. My phone interviewer was a lovely person, and after the standard questions of when you'll be available, what kind of shifts do you want, how far are you willing to commute, and what kind of pay you're looking for (My answer: Anything and everything, and I'm not looking for pay, I'm looking for experience and the opportunity to work with a pharmacist so I can get a letter of recommendation.), it turns out that the position is at UCSF itself!

I have an in person interview Friday, I just need to bring in proof that I have my license, two professional referrals, and answers to questions such as - Why Pharmacy? - Explain some situations where you had to multi-task in a hectic enviroment - and so on.

I don't know a better way I could have started my birthday.

The plan: Find my proof, because it seems to be misplaced, find a second person to give me a professional referral (already asked one), and make sure I have some clothes for the interview.


Quick Update

As for the 5th Annual NCCPS reporting, for my previous reports, I always brought my netbook and typed as speakers talked, making it easy to come home and reformat the information into complete sentences and paragraphs. My netbook battery no longer holds a charge. So I took my ipod nano and recorded audio and wrote notes on the supplied notepad. I'm going to have to relisten to the audio and hope it recorded decently before I can sort out all the information. It'll get up here, but it may take some time as I still have school to manage, so please bear with me.


And Thanks

This is long overdue, but thanks Elaine and California Pharmacy Schools and most recently Lucia for leaving positive comments. It's surprising how a simple comment of appreciation can help to motivate me to keep up with the updates.

1 comment:

  1. Belated happy birthday then. Birthdays and interviews are actually a good luck. I remember when I got my interview, it was about a week before my birthday and on the exact day of my birthday, they called me and offered me the job. good luck with your job hunt!

    ReplyDelete