Thursday, November 12, 2009

Undergrad Degree Delayed

Due to reduced support from the California Legislature and the governor, Winter 2010 has been canceled.

Well, that's depressing.  I got a text from my friend, and my hopes for finishing my final class in the short winter session have been crushed.  I'll now have to go through the full Spring semester before I can finally get that degree.




The BECA (Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts) Department was very helpful in putting up more information that I could find in the main SFSU website, as well as offer up options on how to voice complaints to the state.

Frustrated by the lack of available classes? The state cut the CSU and SFSU’s budget by over 20%, so there is no money to offer more BECA classes or teach more students. The best thing all students can do right now is to contact the following state decision makers and make sure they know how their decision to cut the CSU is impacting your life. Below is a list of legislators to contact.

A student complaint form can be downloaded in pdf format at the beca.sfsu.edu website, as well as contact information for:

-Governor: Arnold Schwarzenegger
-U.S. Senator: Dianne Feinstein
-U.S. Senator: Barbara Boxer
-State Senator: Sen. Leland Yee
-State Representative: Fiona Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment