Monday, March 15, 2010

Finally Got Some Work! Census 2010


I got my call back from the 2010 Census.  Training's from Monday, March 22nd to Wednesday, March 24th from 8:30am to 4:30pm.  I have no idea why the training takes that long, but I'll find out when I get there.  I just gotta bring two forms of ID, a voided check so they can set up direct deposit, and do some more fingerprinting.

They want me to work at least 20 hours a week as an enumerator (that means unfortunately no office work, but I knew spots were limited), for up to two months.  Work will however be limited to... how much work is available.  And that all depends on who does/doesn't turn in the census packets in the mail I assume.

This is a good morale boost while I still wait for my pharm tech license.  However the timing of the training means that I'm forced to miss class on Monday and Wednesday.  This means I'll have to learn stuff on my own.  In terms of Genetics, there is no class next Friday, Spring Break is the week after that, then Exam 2 is the Friday after we get back from Spring Break.  That means this is a good opportunity to see what kind of understanding I can come to on my own, as well as finally drop in to my professor's office hours.  Perhaps should could be a potential candidate for asking for a letter of recommendation when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment