Saturday, March 13, 2010

Productivity is Addictive

I gotta admit that I was in bit of a slump. That can obviously been seen in the amount of posts that I put up in February. I was hoping to have my pharm tech license by now, and have plenty to write about surrounding that whole new experience surrounding my life, yet the wait continues. 

But I gotta say being busy this past week doing research for my group paper, and the good experience I had putting all of it together has been really great at reinvigorating me. I felt a little restless yesterday after waking up from my much needed rest.  I wanted to do something productive. So it's time to just start moving forward for my genetics writing assignment.

We were randomly assigned some genetic condition and have to write a simple three to five length paper on that condition from the genetics perspective. I pulled an index card out of hat and came up with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's DiseaseRemember that I came from a physics background, and so it shouldn't be too surprising that Stephen Hawking is one of my heroes, and he happens to have this condition. I think this will be a fun topic to do some research on.  It's due April 5th.

It's nice feeling my drive get a bit of a boost. That's something I have to remember for the future. Find a way to take advantage of this little insight for the times when I need a slight kick in the pants as it ebbs and flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment