Monday, September 28, 2009

Pharm Tech Prep

Good news. I received word last night that there might be an opening for a pharmacy technician nearby. When exactly? No idea. A position just possibly might open up in the near future. That just puts more pressure on me to finish studying even sooner, and hopefully the timing of it will all match.

Now for some short bullet points:

- My friend had taken the exam before, and she tells me it's easy. Not being able to retake the test for 90 days still makes me anxious, and I want to make sure I study pretty thoroughly.

- In the short time that I've been studying, I've come across a lot of abbreviations that I just have to get used to. The first one that tripped me up was the abbreviation for the exam! This is because it's referred to in two different ways. The PTCB Exam and PTCE. (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam and Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination) The actual website where you sign up for it uses both and just assumes the reader knows the difference.

- While I want to study thoroughly, all you need a score of 650/900. That doesn't seem all that bad. Doesn't seem too bad at all.

- There are two sites nearby, and the website says continuous testing is available.

- The exam is $129.

- I've found a contradiction between my book and the PTCB website. The book says the exam is 100 multiple choice questions, the website says it's 90. It doesn't really make that much of a difference to me. Now I know there's a difference and won't be shocked when I see it.

- From the sounds of it, you fill out the online application, then you have 90 days to schedule and take the test, with the ability to reschedule at no charge as long as the rescheduling takes place at least 24 hours prior to the test. I will clarify that once I do that.

- The PTCB faq can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment