Friday, February 12, 2010

Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Part 14 - Delay!!



News!  Good news?  Only if any news is good news.  And I suppose that's how I'm taking it.  So I got a letter in the mail today, and it said:

The Board is currently in communication with the Department of Justice (DOJ) to obtain your fingerprint clearances.  There can be multiple reasons for the delay.  The Board has submitted a follow-up request or a request for correction of personal information to the DOJ to obtain a status of your fingerprint clearances.  Please allow 30-45 days for the DOJ to notify the Board with the status of your fingerprint clearances.


So there it is.  I'm going to have to wait at least another month. There isn't much I can do about it besides at least be thankful that I finally know what's going on.  That much is appreciated.

I might be a bit more frustrated, except if I had to get this news, today was the best day to receive it.  And that's because...




I got the letter after just coming back from taking a... I'm not quite sure what to call it?  A placement exam?  For the getting hired to work for the 2010 Census.  The exam was an incredibly easy 28 questions, and will help in deciding if we get hired to be the census takers or do clerical or office work.  

I know for sure that I did better than at least one other person, because when we were told you only need to get 10 out of 28 questions right, he let out a sigh of relief.  10 out of 28!  I was expecting 25 of 28.

But if that's how it's done, then that's how it's done.  Maybe that means I'll get a higher paying office position. (If that is higher paying.)  I was able to fill out the question about having any supervisory experience as well, so that should help.

We hear back in about a week about the results of the exam, and hopefully details about being hired soon after that.  My pharm tech license might be delayed, but I need to work, and looks like I'll likely have something temporary to occupy my time until news from the Board of Pharmacy arrives.

1 comment:

  1. The good news to interested students is that they no longer have to search for far away schools or universities for this kind of training as they now offer approved and certified online pharmacy technician courses. Students can now finish the course at the comfort of their homes anytime as long as they have an internet connection and the willingness to study and finish the course.

    ReplyDelete