Friday, February 26, 2010

First Genetics Exam and Research Pop Quiz 1




Well... I took my first exam of the semester.  I went in pretty confident, and somewhat worried that I was a bit overconfident.  It covered mitosis/meiosis, Mendilian genetics, and all the variations, mutations, sex-linked, and other issues that come along with it.  It seemed pretty straightforward.  The exam was mostly all short answer, and I answered everything, however I did not get to write out a full explanation for one of the problems.  But no one in the class left early, so in general that's a good sign.  I should be measuring my performance against myself, but using other metrics doesn't hurt.  Well... I'm looking forward to seeing my results!

On a similar note, I also had a pop quiz in Psy Research right before that.  20 question, multiple choice.  I feel as if I knew the answers to all but one of the questions, which was an educated guess, but I marked 9 of the 20 questions as B.  That makes me second guess myself.  I almost changed my answer to question 3 as I saw more and more B answers being marked.  However, since the teacher was putting up a slide of the questions one at a time, and I could no longer remember the specific wording of to two answers I was debating between, I decided to leave it how it was.  We'll see how I did most likely on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment