Sunday, February 28, 2010

A New Look at my Genetics Exam Performance



I received an email from my Genetics teacher that was sent us:



I realize that many of you found it difficult to complete the exam in the 55 minutes given today. Therefore, I am going to do two things:



This exam will be out of fewer points than 100 (I haven't decided how many yet, but most likely 75-80 instead of 100)

In addition, you will all have the opportunity to take an in-class quiz covering the same subject material, to earn 20-25 points. This quiz will be TIMED and will be announced ahead of time.

I would also like to say that for those students who earned 80% or better on today's exam (and there were several--in the tests I've graded so far), the quiz is optional and can be considered as 'extra credit'.

So looks like my confidence in how well I did can be raised a bit.  Lowering the score by 80 points is a lot.  I am fairly confident that I'll be one of those students that gets to take the quiz for extra credit unless I made some major oversights that I didn't get a chance to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment