Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back From The USC Info Session




Back from my round trip to the USC Info Session.  I start sorting through all the notes tomorrow, but I'll say that I did get more than I expected.

For the curious, here's some numbers:

# of miles driven: 774
# of prospective applicants in attendance: ~100
# of dollars spent: $81.00 ($63.00 on gas!)

I ended up not listening to any audiobook during the trip.  I listened to podcasts the whole way.  (The Poker Beat and Nerdy Show).  I love the long battery life on my Asus.



The first pic I took with my new camera.  The
flowers in my grandma's family room.


I stayed over at my grandma's house, which to my surprise, was only just over 15 miles away from the campus.  (I didn't print out google maps directions before I left, because I finally had a GPS to use during my trip.  So much stress gone from the trip.)  I stayed there an extra night just to spend some time with her.  She wanted to cook for me, which I'm not going to turn down, grill me a bit, and then give me some encouragement.  It's good to appreciate times like that, so I made sure to not forget to do that.





I woke up and left the house at about 11am, and had some trouble finding the parking lot.  The problem is there were two parking lots "available in a parking structure on Biggy and Zonal".  The one advertised on the  website "for $8.00/day" is the one that's tied to the small yellow restaurant (The food from there smelled delicious by the way.  But I was already full, so I didn't try it.), and not the more typical parking lot that I was looking for.




Not this parking lot that's on Biggy.  Go to the yellow
one that's right before this, with the entrance on Zonal.


I know I was there early, but I had my computer with me to keep me entertained, and since I drove so far away, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the beginning of the Info Session.  I wanted to make sure I knew which building to be at and where to meet up.  And there happened to be a blood drive going on, and since I had plenty of time, I donated some of my O Positive blood, and picked up some snacks and a Subway gift card for my donation.



That's it for now.  Next post will start digging into the actual info of the Info Session.

No comments:

Post a Comment