Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weight Loss - Part 5


It's been (over) a month, so it's time for that new update on my weight loss goal.  Once again, while not directly related to pharmacy, working towards improving my health, self-esteem, and energy levels will most definitely help me reach my goal.  It's not all about fleshing out the application.

Now for the numbers:

Starting Weight: 216.8
Weight Last Month: 207.6
Week 13 Weight: 211.8
Week 14 Weight: 210.4
Week 15 Weight: 213.2
Week 16 Weight: 211.2
Week 17 Weight: 210.4
Total Weight Loss: 6.4
Pounds Still to Go: 25.6
Trendline Estimate: 201.2




- Week 13: Went to the gym 0 days this week
- Week 14: Went to the gym 0 days this week
- Week 15: Went to the gym 0 days this week
- Week 16: Went to the gym 1 days this week
- Week 17: Went to the gym 7 days this week

First... not that anyone noticed, but I changed when I'm going to update my weightloss posts.  Rather than every fourth Monday, it's going to be every 27th.  My target date to lose my weight is before my birthday, on April 27th, so it was time to sync things up.

Second of all, I found my gym card, and have been going to the gym every day since I picked it up again.

Third of all... I gained weight since this past update.  Largely due to the fact that I misplaced my gym card, the holidays, and possibly (if the set point theory is true) due to having a set point that I'm having trouble overcoming.

A key lesson.  For me, the gym is definitely way to go if I'm going to overcome my weight.  But not only to reach my target weight, but most likely to also to maintain my weight for the rest of my life.

The best thing to come of the experience however, is my renewed motivation to go to the gym.  Not only in going every day, but doing 1+ hours of cardio each time.

I'm confident that I can still make my target weight from this point on.  See you again in a month.

[Note:  It looks like I only lost 0.8 pounds from last week, even though it's the week I went to the gym every day.  I am fairly confident that the Week 16 date is far too low.  I didn't think it was right when I recorded the number.  I knew I didn't work hard enough, or eat few enough calories, to lose two pounds.  In the middle of last week, I messed around with my scale, and saw that sometimes it would give me a reading that was up to two pounds off.  So I'm pretty sure that's what happened, and that in reality, I lost nearly three pounds this past week due to all my effort.]


No comments:

Post a Comment