Sunday, January 10, 2010

Goal Setting - January to June 2010

This lull is... just a tiny bit... driving me crazy.  I'm expecting my license to arrive at any time now.  (If I filled out something wrong and is delayed/rejected... would I get some kind of reply?)  When it comes to being self-motivated, momentum is a useful tool.

I think the easiest way to maintain momentum is to have have multiple goals, so if one starts to simmer a bit, another one can be focused on.  That's where I've failed at, at this current moment.  Over this Christmas holiday,  pretty much all of my sub-goals, have all be set to the side at the same time.

Well... this post is something that I wanted to do, but I didn't want to make it on January 1st.  To symbolically represent that it is not a New Year's resolution.  (January 1st isn't a special day when goals should be set and when people should evaluate themselves and look for ways to improve their lives.  No one day should be reserved for changing their lives.  When the time comes, when the thought strikes, that's when the idea should be embraced.)

I'll be listing down the goals I want to reach in the next six months.  And in three months, I'll list the goals that I want to reach in the six months after that point in time.  So once I get to the April post, I'll actually be revising the goals that I set through June, then adding on to those goals up to the end of August.  There will always be some overlap to review and revise, and then looking further ahead to the future.

The main goal is of course, to have a career in pharmacy.  But I'm setting goals within goals (and so on), because seeing that progression is helpful to maintain momentum in being self motivated, and thinking about these goals will help to keep me organized.

So, from January to June what are my goals?

-----
- Graduate 

The largest goal that will be taking up my time that I can foresee for the next six months is the need to graduate and finally move on from being an undergrad.  This will finally be my last semester at San Francisco State.  In fact, I have no choice.  I received this email last week:


Your hold has been removed for the spring 2010 semester.   The spring 2010 will be the last semester that you are permitted to attend San Francisco State University.  Please apply to graduate by the third Friday in February 2010.

- Become a Pharmacy Technician

I want to work.  I'm waiting for my license to arrive so I can apply.  I'm sure another wave of excitement will hit me once I finally reach that step.  It will be a massive learning experience (and of course provide lots more to write about. =P)


- Research Schools

A never ending goal.  Some more specific goals however, will be to attend the Info Session at USC on January 15th, and if there is no conflict in my calendar, go to the Western U Info Session on April 12th.  (If not April 12th, there's always July 26th.)


- Lose Weight

Managing my weight will always be a struggle.  At least that's how I've always known it.  But as of now, I want to reach 185 pounds by April 27th.  It will be a birthday present to myself.  Then from that point on, keep on maintaining a regular schedule in weighing myself so my weight never gets out of control ever again.  It's time to fully take control of my weight.

----

I think that's about it.  Four nice and solid goals to keep me busy for the next six months.  Next Goal Setting update on April 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment