Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Part 11 - CA State Board of Pharmacy Application




While I'm waiting for my official results to arrive, I'm trying to take care of the steps it takes to complete the California State Board of Pharmacy application to be a pharm tech.

The main steps are:
1) Fill it out.
2) Provide a 2"x2" photo.
3) Get my finger print scanned.
4) Supply a notarized copy of my PTCB certificate.

Step 1 is of course the easy part.  And I  can't accomplish Step 4 until my certificate arrives, hopefully sometime next week.  That leaves Steps 2 and 3.

Today I took care of Step 2.  I went to the ever popular Costco with my dad.  A little too popular.  11am on a weekday, we didn't there would be many people.  We were wrong.  The parking lot was packed.  We didn't stop to consider that it's the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

So what did we do?  We drove to the Costco several cities away, where our old house used to be.  It'd an extra thirty or so minutes of travel time each way, but that Costco was never packed.  And we were right.

We did all the normal shopping, added a turkey, and I threw in some blueberries and Nutri-grain bars to snack on.  I of course stopped by the photo section of the store, took my pic, and after a ten minute wat and $5 fee, Step 2 is complete!

The next step is to get my finger scanned sometime before my certificate arrives, and then finish the rest of that waiting game.  While at the same time scouting out all the potential locations that I'm going to be applying at.  Once I have my California License in hand, it's time to find some work!  (Hopefully there's some out there.)

1 comment:

  1. Pursuing a health career as a medical assistant offers a wide variety of educational and training options. It is not completely necessary to become certified or earn a degree before becoming a medical assistant. There are still many medical assistants today that are still trained while on the job, all that is required in most cases is a high school diploma or the equivalent.Pharmacy Technician training in California

    ReplyDelete