Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Part 9 - Rescheduled Again



I rescheduled my exam one more time. I received an email letting me know that the Pre-Pharmacy Association was meeting tonight at 7pm, which would have overlapped with my PTCE taking time, so I pushed it back a day. (I did the actual rescheduling yesterday morning of course, since the rescheduling has to take place at least 24 hours prior the the scheduled time.)

A UCSF student came to answer any and every question, and there was a lot of info given out for the 2+ hours she was there. I'll go through that in more detail when I have more time to go through all the notes I took.

One thing that's relevant for the exam that I'll be taking tomorrow is that the way she became a pharm tech, is the same way I'll be doing it. But she wasn't as paranoid as me when it came to studying. She said she bought a book at Borders, studied for just a week, then took the test and passed.

I'm going to be spending some time looking over the material again, and I'll be ready to take the exam. I think I'm not going to stress over trying to learn the 200+ drugs. I'll look through it some, but it doesn't look like it's necessary to pass if you know everything else.

I'll learn about the drugs on the job, and have an easier time learning about them since they'll have some context for me. I just need the license to get to that point. So that's it. Good luck to me. I'll be back to report tomorrow on how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment