Saturday, November 7, 2009

Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Part 6 - Workbook Calculations Practice Exam

While the full practice exams is 100 questions, the calculations exam is only 50. But with that said, the question types within the calculations category feel more varied.




How did I do? I did ok. Not great though. There were three questions that I simply did not know what they were asking. I mixed up the equation in my head for converting degrees Celsius to Fahrenheit (the practice exam gave the equation, the calculations exam did not. I think it's safe to say I need to memorize the equation before I go into the exam.) There were two questions that I failed to catch the trick, and I forgot how to convert gallons to liters.

Seven questions wrong out of fifty is not good at all. But the reason I say I did ok, is that none of the mistakes will be hard to fix. The practice exam did what it was supposed to and show me where I need a little bit more work.  Conversions are easy to memorize, and once I understand what the three questions are asking, the math will be simple. I did not mess up on any of the math where I understood what the question was asking for. (Besides the degree conversion.) 

For anyone else that uses this book, even if you do well on the practice exam, the variety of questions in the calculations exam makes it worth taking.

Next... it's time to study for a couple more days to fix the holes in my ability, and then take the official practice exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment