Monday, November 23, 2009

Weight Loss - Part 3

It's been a month, so it's time for that new update on my weight loss goal.  Once again, while not directly related to pharmacy, working towards improving my health, self-esteem, and energy levels will most definitely help me reach my goal.  It's not all about fleshing out the application.

Now for the numbers:

Starting Weight: 216.8
Weight Last Month: 211.4
Week 5 Weight: 210.4
Week 6 Weight: 209.8
Week 7 Weight: 211.6
Week 8 Weight: 212.4
Total Weight Loss: 4.4
Pounds Still to Go: 27.4
Trendline Estimate: 206.5



- Week 5: Went to the gym 5 days this week, started some ab exercises, and noticed my shoulder was hurting
- Week 6: Went to the gym 2 days this week, shoulder still hurts.
- Week 7: Went to the gym 2 days this week, worked my calves especially hard
- Week 8: Went to the gym 1 day this week

Only went to the gym 10 days this month, as opposed to 23 last month.  I also gained a pound instead of lost weight.  Not good.  I did gain a lot of muscle, but I still should have lost weight.  The reasons for the reversal?  My shoulder started it.  I wanted to give my shoulder a rest, however it still is hurt.  That's a problem.  However, I can still go do cardio and do other exercises that are not working my shoulder.  The week I worked my calves, I worked them so hard I could hardly walk.  My range of motion was impaired, and so I needed to rest those as well.

But I've gained weight two weeks in a row.  That's good to be aware of.  And that's a big reason why I'm recording my weight every week.  I'm able to catch this before it gets out of hand, and put myself back on the right track.  The plan now isn't to go extra crazy and starve myself.  The plan is to simply make sure I make it to the gym at least 4 times this week, like I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm still going to enjoy Thanksgiving and all the great food that comes along with it.  As long as I don't neglect the gym I should be fine.

1 comment:

  1. dropping nicelly but not too fast. that is healthy. good luck!

    ReplyDelete