Wednesday, October 7, 2009

UCSF Preview Day - Part 5 - Campus and Conclusion

After the official presentation was over, we were given a campus tour.  Here are just a couple pics:



A portion of the map that was emailed to me,
for reference. (Click to enlarge)


The School of Nursing where the presentation took place.



Health Sciences West where most classes will take place.



Parnasus runs right through the campus.  In front is the
bookstore/cafeteria/gym.  The library is on this side as well.



A small glimpse at one of the classrooms.



Here is a side shot of that same classroom
from the center aisle for a better idea of its size.



The prettiest shot. The courtyard between the
School of Nursing and Health Sciences West


We also saw the computer lab, but it was filled with a bunch of student pharmacists in the middle of studying, and I didn't want to take a picture of them without permission, and I did not want to disturb them, more than we already were.  The room was big and spacious however.

We were also shown a break room, which I was told almost no one ever uses, except for the mail boxes, fax machine, etc.

Overall, the campus feels very San Francisco.  The building themselves are somewhat maze like and will take some getting used to.  However, if you don't like the food the school offers, which I was told was pretty good, their are tons of food places the next street over on Irving.

As for my impressions about the whole presentation.  I left with a sense of hope.  It's going to take work before I can get into any pharmacy school, but the reassurance that grades are only one aspect of many that the admissions officers consider was great to hear.  The program itself sounded great, the health policy and management pathway caught my eye.  UCSF is definitely a school that I would want to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment