Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weight Loss - Part 2

It's been a month, I think it's time for an update to my weight loss goal.  And as a quick reminder as what this has to do with pharmacy.  Preparing for pharmacy isn't just about making myself look good on paper.  It's also about being ready.  Getting back in shape will help my confidence, give me more energy, and simply make me feel better about myself.  With that comes better performance in all aspects of life, which likely includes better performance as I fix my grades, better impression as I interact with people who I end up asking for letters of recommendation, and doing better on interviews I go to.  Increased confidence, energy, and higher self-esteem is not something to be ignored.


Now for the numbers:

Starting Weight: 216.8
Week 1 Weight: 215.8
Week 2 Weight: 214.8
Week 3 Weight: 215.0
Week 4 Weight: 211.6
Total Weight Loss: 5.2
Pounds Still to Go: 26.8
Trendline Estimate: 202.7



- Week 1: Went to the gym every day of the week, only did cardio on an elliptical machine.
- Week 2: Went to the gym every day of the week, did cardio and began using the weight machines.
- Week 3: Only went to the gym 4 days this week, pushed myself hard with the weights.
- Week 4: Went to the gym 5 days during the week, took it easy with the cardio.

I've been drinking a lot of water to keep myself hydrated, and am vaguely keeping aware of my calorie intake.  During the third week, even though I gained 0.2 pounds, it most likely wasn't 0.2 pounds of fat.  I was sore like I hadn't been in years, in my chest, upper back, and hamstrings.  The increase in muscle weight definitely affected what result my scale was showing.

From the results this week, it looks like I may have started getting past that hurdle where muscle gain drastically affects the results of the graph.  It's very possible for me to make my target weight of 185 by the end of the year, but even if I don't, I'm pretty confident that I'll make it to 195 if not 190.  The end of the year is just an arbitrary date, and I can finish off the rest afterwards.  The most important thing is that I am losing weight, and that I'm not killing myself while doing it.  I'm not pushing myself to any extreme so I will make my goal at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment