Friday, April 16, 2010

CCC - Summer 2010


So with my hopes of being able to get into Cell Biology at SFSU burned down to a nub, I went to my safety net of CCC to sign up for classes. I signed up for Microeconomics with no problem... but when I attempted to add Gen Chem I, it said I couldn't add it.

Apparently since the 8 years or so since I took that class and left CCC, they started a new school wide policy.  No classes can be repeated unless you receive below a C-. That was new to me. After emailing all the schools to find out their expiration date policies for prerequisite classes, I'm pretty safe not retaking a class I already got an A in. But that alters my plans for the coming Fall and Spring semesters. There's no retaking Calculus I & II at CCC. I'll have to explore other community colleges if I want to take those, unless I can get permission.

So what to do? I signed up for Intro to Biotechnology. If things don't work out, I gotta prepare for a back up, and right now working in the biotechnology industry might be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment