Sunday, April 25, 2010

Genetics Take Home Exam


I've been working on my Take Home Exam (which will be averaged with my lowest exam score). For the most part, most of it is pretty easy... except for the very first question which is worth 15 points. I don't think we were taught how to indicate the chromosomal make-up of a cell that's gone through meiosis I. How do you show chromatids connected by a centromere if the original cell began with 1m1d2m2d3m3d?

And the question asks to state the possible chromosomal composition of daughter cells.  Does the=a? Because there isn't much space to write the answer, so it can't be to write down all the possible combinations due to crossover.  Well, there is no Psy Research tomorrow due to a furlough, so I'll have that hour free, and get some help from classmates. (Working on the exam with others is allowed. I wanted to work on it by myself at first because I wanted to really see if I knew the material.)

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment