Saturday, December 5, 2009

Becoming a Pharmacy Technician - Part 13 - PTCB Certificate Arrived!




It finally arrived!  I passed the exam on Nov 19th, and my official certification date is Nov 30th, and it arrived in the mail on Dec 5th.  Keeping in mind that there was the Thanksgiving holiday during that time, it took sixteen days from passing the test to getting the certificate in my hands.

As soon as I got it, I took a shower, ate some lunch, and went back to that UPS Store where I got the Live Scan done, so I could get a notarized copy of the certificate, and retake my photo.  Unfortunately, (and I should have realized) they only take Polaroid photos there, and the application specifically states to not attach a Polaroid photo.

But I was there for two things.  The notary public made a copy, recorded it in his book, made me sign it and stamp my thumb print.  I had to swear that the contents of the document describing what was copied said was the truth, and paid my $10.33.

With that done, I went back to Costco to retake my photo.  But by the time I got it all finished, it was already too late in the day on a Saturday to make it before the last mail pick up at the post-office.  So I just decided to drop it off at later, and headed home.

I'm one step closer.




Oh yeah, here are the results.  They came with the certificate.  I'm surprised that my Admin. Mgmt. of Pharmacy Practice score was so low, especially since I got 100% on the practice exam.  But I passed.  And I'll master it all eventually.  I'm reading the Pocket Guide for Pharmacy Technicians, which has all the same stuff and more, and I'll be learning on the job once I get hired.  The learning doesn't stop because the exam is over.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your PTCB Certification. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friends,

    Nice blog! A pharmacy technician, also sometimes known as a pharmaceutical technician, is a health care worker who performs pharmacy-related functions, generally working under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist or other health professional. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. no matter how low your score, you made it. congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats dhwani...feeling proud for u...God bless u...

    ReplyDelete