Monday, December 14, 2009

CCC - Spring 2010



Well, I went an enrolled into a one unit class at my community college.

Course Title: GLP and GMP; Principles and Compliance 
DescriptionThis course will introduce students to the laws, regulations, and quality practices associated with the biotechnology industry, with emphasis on the development of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Students will gain hands-on experience navigating and using the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website.

It's only a one unit class from 9am to 3pm, and takes place for only three Saturdays during the semester.  I'm taking the class for several reasons.  For one thing, I had no idea my community college offered classes like this, and it's not something that SFSU offers.  Another is of course that it seems like something that might be useful to know.  Another reason is that I need to look for more units to take that aren't repeat classes.

And the final reason is that by taking one class in the Spring, I'll be able to get in on the early enrollment of continuing students for the Summer or Fall (whichever I do first), rather than have to wait for the new student enrollment period.  I've been through enough enrollment problems in the past.  That's not going to happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment