Friday, December 18, 2009

SFSU - Summer 2010?


Good news! Summer 2010 classes will be held through SF State Extended Learning. We are preparing to offer a wide variety of high-demand courses this summer that will help you complete some of your degree requirements.  We are still finalizing registration deadlines and class offerings for summer 2010. We will provide detailed information online in the next couple of months so please check the SF State Extended Learning website frequently for information: http://www.cel.sfsu.edu/summer.  Further details regarding summer registration and class offerings will be sent to you in the spring.

I received this email yesterday.  And this is good news.  For me at least.  It can be viewed as bad news to regular students in respect to last year, and how Summer registration was just like a normal Fall/Spring semester, with all the priority registration and all that.  But it can also be viewed as good news to them since there was a worry that Summer classes would be canceled, much like Winter classes were this year due to budget constraints, so at least summer classes are offered.

What does this mean for me?  It means I'm put on an even playing field with everyone else.  If I understand this right, classes are now more expensive (paid by the unit and not the normal part-time/full-time plan) and there is no priority registration.  That means I have a chance of getting into some summer classes at SFState, whereas before I felt that I had essentially no chance of getting into any classes after I graduate.

It still remains to be seen as to what classes will be offered, and if any of those classes will be any different from those that I can take at my community college, but now I know I should be on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment